Directors Insurable Risk Reviews
Company directors in Australia are exposed to significant risk of litigation and regulatory scrutiny. This increasing exposure has led to rising Directors’ & Officers’ Liability (D&O) insurance costs and restrictions in cover.
Organisations typically provide directors with an indemnity for certain matters, and a
D&O insurance policy for others. D&O policies have evolved to become an important risk transfer tool for enterprises. But how do you know if you have the right level of personal protection?
Risk Advisory Services (RAS) has developed a specialist Directors Insurable Risk Review service, which assesses your company’s D&O policy through the lens of a director’s personal liabilities.
The RAS Directors Insurable Risk Review can be performed:
- For individual company directors and/or boards
- Across multiple directorships for individual directors
And for directorships in organisations with varying director risk profiles such as:
- Public Companies
- Private Companies
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Government Organisations
- Non-Governmental Organisations
Our team includes some of the most experienced insurance industry professionals in the world.
We understand the unique needs of directors, having over the last 11 years:
- Conducted over 500 insurance reviews for a wide range of organisations, including for targets of private equity firms who want a clear understanding of the target’s insurance arrangements during due diligence
- Provided risk and insurance advisory services for 42 of the top 200 ASX listed companies
When you may require our services
- Where there is a lack of clarity of protection for individual directors
- When a director sits on multiple boards and is looking for a consolidated view of their insurance protection
- When an individual is considering taking up a position on a board
- Where greater comfort is required on the adequacy of insurance for either proposed, new and/or existing board roles
- Leading up to D&O insurance renewals
- Where an independent and unbiased check of current D&O advice is required
What do we deliver?
A comprehensive report which includes the following:
- How a D&O policy operates and interacts with company indemnities
- Selecting an adequate Limit of Liability for your company’s D&O
- An analysis of the personal protection provided by your D&O policy compared to what’s available in the market
- Tips and pitfalls every director should be aware of when arranging a D&O policy
The credibility and efficacy of RAS insurance reviews is greatly enhanced by the ability to provide non-conflicted advice due to our absolute independence from any insurance product provider and/or seller.