Corporate Insurance Reviews
Our clients want to receive the best value for money from the insurance industry, and we help them do that.
We review existing insurance arrangements and make an assessment of the opportunities for improvement.
In some cases there are significant opportunities for improvement.
These usually come in the following forms:
- Improving the design of the insurance program, such as reducing the number of insurance policies purchased or changing the structure to improve the match between risk and cover
- Creating efficiencies through improvements in systems and processes
- Developing ways to reduce or eliminate insurable risks
- Increasing the competitive tension between brokers and/or insurers
- Improving the quality of information presented to brokers and insurers
- Eliminating unnecessary insurance policies
- Helping to choose the right broker for the right circumstances. Some know more than others about specific industries
Our team includes some of the most experienced insurance industry professionals in the world.
Many have worked for the large international brokers or for insurance companies, and know how to extract value from these organisations.
When you may require our services
- When a new executive takes over the insurance function
- When the same broker has been involved for more than 5 years
- When making an acquisition
We have conducted approximately 20 insurance due diligence reviews during each of the last 5 years for private equity firms and members of the ASX 200
- When an insurance broker, who has a strong knowledge of the business, changes employer
- Every 3 years for many of the ASX200
What do we deliver?
We deliver a report that documents the existing insurance program to ensure there is a common understanding of the arrangements.
We then set out the opportunities to improve including an implementation plan that shows how to convert the opportunities.
We have completed more than 250 independent insurance reviews during the last 6 years.
We estimate that the total value of improvements to the insurance programs we have reviewed exceeds $100 million.